There are many benefits that come with choosing a well-known, established brand, especially with an important purchase like a rooflight. Velux rooflights are some of the best known and the brand name is synonymous with quality – even people who don’t know about rooflights, architecture, refurbishments and construction will often have heard of the Velux name. Therefore choosing Velux is a good starting point when you want to ensure you are getting quality and will receive the best possible value for
What are some of the benefits that come from choosing this kind of well-known brand? The main one is the quality and reliability; brands earn a reputation for the quality of their products. When you buy a rooflight from a leading brand, you are buying into this reputation; it is your assurance that the product will be well made, functional and long lasting.
There will also be the question of what happens if something were to go wrong. Well established brands will usually have good guarantees and assurances of quality, and if something goes wrong, there is good
customer service support available. This is unlikely with a quality option like Velux but it is still worth bearing in mind for your own peace of mind.
What types of rooflights are available from Velux?
As a market leader in the rooflight industry, Velux offer a huge range of rooflight options. There are products for domestic customers running renovations on their homes, or for builders working on smaller
domestic projects. There are also many rooflight options for commercial spaces, which offer excellent value for money and will give a whole host of features and benefits to the installer and the end user.
Some of the popular Velux rooflights available include:
- Single unit dome rooflights. They are used for low pitch flat roofs and can be installed with any type of roof covering, including EPDM, PVC, bitumen and GRP. There are various different sizes available as well as rooflight shapes and profile options.
- Venting dome rooflights and AOVs. These are domed rooflights from VELUX Commercial, which offer either manual opening, electric opening or smoke ventilation. They are used in commercial spaces to make them more comfortable as well as to improve fire safety by venting out smoke in the case of a fire.
- Modular rooflights. Modular rooflights are easy to install when a large expanse of roof is going to be covered by rooflights. They can be easily customised and various configurations are available.
- Continuous polycarbonate rooflights. These are ideal for larger roof expanses in commercial and industrial spaces.
- Access hatches and venting/NSHEV rooflights. A more practical type of rooflight, these options will allow for easy access onto the roof, as well as additional safety measures to be put in place through the use of automatically opening rooflights. They can be used for comfort ventilation or for venting out smoke in the case of an emergency.
- With many Velux rooflights, there will also be the opportunity to specify the glazing and choose from options such as clear, opal, bronze and diffused glass.